Since its inception, CERC has been compiling an Internet resource library and publishing a weekly E-Letter made up of the most compelling and convincing articles we can find on the big issues in the faith and culture category. CERC is educating a broad range of Catholics and enquiring non-Catholics about the positive role the Catholic Church has played and continues to play in the world.
In addition, CERC has become a clearinghouse for the best well-reasoned responses to the secular culture's widespread assaults on and misunderstandings of the Catholic faith.
- To increase the public's awareness of the positive role the Catholic Church has played in the past and continues to play in the world today.
- To exemplify and promote the understanding that true faith and sound reason can never be in conflict. "Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to contemplation of the truth." (Pope John Paul II, Fides et Ratio)
- To provide the public with philosophically sound and historically accurate responses to the widespread vilification of and misinformation about the Catholic Church and her teachings.
- To help publicize the work being done in education and the social sciences which demonstrates the personal and social benefits that accompany regular, healthy religious practice and character education initiatives.
- At all times to model and promote a respectful tone when writing or discussing religious and cultural questions.
- To raise the public's awareness of the widespread persecution of religious believers in the world today.