Twelve sure fire principles of parenting guaranteed to produce delinquent children.
- Begin with infancy to give the child everything he wants.
In this way he will grow to believe the world owes him a living.
he picks up bad words, laugh at him. This will make him think he's cute. It will
also encourage him to pick up "cuter" phrases that will blow off the top of your
- Never give him any spiritual training. Wait until
he is 21 and then let him "decide for himself."
- Avoid use of
the word "wrong". It may develop a guilt complex. This will condition him to believe
later, when he is arrested for stealing a car, that society is against him and
he is being persecuted.
- Pick up everything he leaves lying around
- books, shoes, clothes. Do everything for him so that he will be expecting it.
- Let him read any printed matter he can get his hands on. Be careful
that the silverware and drinking glasses are sterilized, but let his mind feast
- Quarrel frequently in the presence of your children.
In this way they will not be too shocked when the home is broken up later.
- Give a child all the spending money he wants. Never let him earn
his own. Why should he have things as tough as you had them?
Satisfy his every craving for food, drink, and comfort. See that every sensual
desire is gratified. Denial may lead to harmful frustration.
his part against neighbors, teachers, policemen. They are all prejudiced against
- When he gets into real trouble, apologize for yourself
by saying, "I never could do anything with him."
- Prepare for a life of grief. You will be likely to have it.
Original source unknown. Though it is known to have been distributed by the Houston, Texas Police Department under the title, "Twelve Rules for Raising Delinquent Children."
The AuthorCopyright © 1999 James Stenson
back to top