The purpose of the Catholic Education Resource Center is:
- To create and maintain a free online resource library, CERC — The Catholic Education Resource Center, at the url: www.catholiceducation.org.
- To identify existing articles which constitute the best contemporary articulation of orthodox Catholic understanding on a broad range of moral, social, and religious matters.
- To increase the public’s awareness of the range of contributions the Catholic Church has made and continues to make in the world.
- To exemplify and promote the understanding that true faith and sound reason can never be in conflict. “Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to contemplation of the truth.” (Pope John Paul II, Fides et Ratio)
- To provide the public with accurate responses to misunderstandings of the Catholic Church and her teachings.
- To raise the public’s awareness of the widespread persecution of and restrictions on religious believers in the world today.
- To help Christians grow in their interior life by reprinting and distributing excerpts from the writings of masters of the spiritual life and the Catholic intellectual tradition.